Sunday, February 14, 2010

A Moment of Roses

Its quite sad really... that our world has become so fast-paced that the only way to make you stop and smell the flowers is to sucker-punch you in the gut so that you're immobilized for a short while. Well, God really let me have it. I'm face-down in flowers right now, still writhing in pain.

While my gut is still 'inflamed', I'm really re-thinking my life and my actions slowly as each excruciating moment passes me by. Superficially, I've come to love my intestines and appreciate the grueling work I put them through each time I munch down on some random cookie-muffin thingy.

On the other hand, I've come to really appreciate the people who truly understand and care for me ^^ Like my family and relatives who gladly pushed me the easier items of food to chew on... who made sure I didn't 'accidentally' chow down on gas-inducing items and junk food. Mom and Dad made sure we got home as soon as possible so that I could climb into bed and writhe the night through XDD Carren poured helpful suggestions about taking care of my digestive tract (which I've listened to attentively and will implement over the long-run!)... And not to mention all my dear friends who found out and prayed for me (: I think they're all partially the reason I've lived till now.

The second (and more important) factor, is definitely God. Y'know sometimes in order to discipline Campbell, we treat her really badly? I'm not saying God treats me like a dog O.O (although I rightly should be) I'm just saying that sometimes, in order to teach us an important lesson, He disciplines us by unfolding His protective layer a wee bit to allow the wilds of the World to get to us. But of course, anything God allows into our lives, He definitely has the power to remove (: And I'm sure when I've thoroughly learnt my lesson, the stomach flu will fade... Here's to hoping the lesson doesn't fade as well ((:


Jonah's Prayer
1 From inside the fish Jonah prayed to the LORD his God. 2 He said:
"In my distress I called to the LORD,
and he answered me.
From the depths of the grave [a] I called for help,
and you listened to my cry.

No comments:

Post a Comment